The CIPD Foundation Qualification is the first building block for a career in Human Resource Practice or the new CIPD Learning & Development Qualification. It will provide you with the essential skills and knowledge across key areas of Human Resources and Learning and Development and will give you the confidence to be more effective at work enabling you to add value to your HR or L&D function.
- Foundation level Award – completion of one or more units.
- Foundation level Certificate in Human Resources Practice completion of three core units plus a choice of optional units or the new CIPD Learning & Development Qualification – completion of six core units.
- Foundation level Diploma in Human Resources Practice three core units plus a choice of optional units or the new CIPD Learning & Development Qualification – completion of six core units plus a choice of optional units.
Who is it for?
The foundation qualification is ideal for you if you are currently:
- A personnel/HR assistant or administrator
- A HR or L&D co-ordinator
- A line Manager
- Working in HR or training
- Looking to begin a career in HR
- A Trainer
Meeting the learning outcomes
Delivery is flexible. This means you can meet the learning outcomes by presenting and reflecting on your previous and current work experience; submitting assignment/research based work and/or attending one of our workshops if you are not currently working in an HR role.
What do you gain?
- The underpinning skills and knowledge to begin a career in HR or L&D and continue studying and a recognised qualification which validates this knowledge
- Improved access to a competitive job market
- Student membership of CIPD with access to member only CIPD benefits and eligibility to apply to upgrade to the new CIPD Associate professional level of membership if you are working in an appropriate role
How much does it cost?
|Staged payments||Paid in full at outset of course (10% discount)|
|Foundation Level Award (3 core units)||£1210 + VAT||£1089 + VAT|
|Foundation Level Certificate||£2360 + VAT||£2124 + VAT|
|Foundation Level Diploma||£3240 + VAT||£2916 + VAT|
|For fees for individual units please contact us|
How long will it take?
A motivated student able to allocate approximately 8 study hours per month will be able to complete a Foundation Level Certificate within 7 months.